Movies have been a source of entertainment and inspiration for decades. They not only provide us with an escape from reality but also bring to light important messages and lessons for us to learn. One of the most memorable aspects of movies is the quotes that come from the characters. Whether they are funny, inspiring, or thought-provoking, quotes from movies tend to stick with us long after the credits roll. In this article, we will be exploring 30 memorable quotes from the movies and why it is fun and inspiring to remember them. From classic lines that have become a part of our culture to more recent quotes that have captured our hearts, let’s take a trip down memory lane and revisit some of the most iconic movie quotes of all time.
Links to the movie posters in this article are affiliate links.
20 MEMORABLE QUOTES FROM THE MOVIES
“May the Force be with you.”
– Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars (1977)
“You can’t handle the truth!”
– Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, A Few Good Men (1992)
“Here’s looking at you, kid.”
– Rick Blaine, Casablanca (1942)
“I’ll be back.”
– The Terminator, The Terminator (1984)
“You shall not pass!”
– Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
“You had me at ‘hello.'”
– Dorothy Boyd, Jerry Maguire (1996)
“I’m king of the world!”
– Jack Dawson, Titanic (1997)
“There’s no place like home.”
– Dorothy Gale, The Wizard of Oz (1939)
“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.”
– Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump (1994)
“I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.”
– Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988
“Why so serious?”
– The Joker, The Dark Knight (2008)
“To infinity and beyond!”
– Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story (1995)
“Lucia Sciarra: Did you kill my husband?
James Bond: He was an assassin. He wouldn’t have taken it personally.” – James Bond, Spectre (2015)
“There’s no crying in baseball!”
– Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own (1992)
“I’m not afraid to die, I’d do anything to get you out of here.”
– Billy Costigan, The Departed (2006)
“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
– Vito Corleone, The Godfather (1972)
“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
– Michael Corleone, The Godfather Part II (1974)
– Jack Torrance, The Shining (1980)
“I feel the need…the need for speed.”
– Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, Top Gun (1986)
“Houston, we have a problem.”
– Jim Lovell, Apollo 13 (1995)
10 (MORE) MEMORABLE MOVIE QUOTES:
“Hasta la vista, baby.”
– The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
– Osgood Fielding III, Some Like It Hot (1959)
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
– Tony Montana, Scarface(1983)
“Wax on, wax off.”
– Mr. Miyagi, The Karate Kid (1984)
“I see dead people.”
– Cole Sear, The Sixth Sense (1999)
“I can only show you the door, you’re the one that has to walk through it”
– Morpheus (The Matrix) .
“They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!”
– William Wallace, Braveheart (1995)
“Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.”
– John Keating, Dead Poets Society (1989)
“Why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here?”
– Biff Tannen, Back to the Future (1985)
“The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.”
– Tyler Durden, Fight Club (1999)
And there you have it, 30 unforgettable movie quotes from iconic characters that have left us inspired, motivated, and even laughing out loud.
Which quote resonated with you the most?
Let us know in the comments section below and share your favorite quotes with your friends. Stay tuned for more Great Quotes and remember, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller.
Leave a Reply